Today I, the sister, will be writing on this blog. To celebrate my sister coming to visit Omaha we made a peanut butter lava cake. Actually she made everything and I just ate. We based it off this recipe here http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/molten-chocolate-cake-with-peanut-butter-filling
One serving = Tiniest pyrex bowl container thingy
Butter: 2 tbsp
Sugar: 1/8 Cup
Peanut Butter: 1 heaped tbsp
Flour: 1/8 cup
Hershey’s Semi Sweet Chocolate (the eatable kind, it don’t matter): 1/4 of a bar
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Beat eggs and sugar and flour until mixed
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave for a minute or so at 20 second intervals and then mix
- Combine egg/sugar/flour mixture with chocolate mixture. It’s okay if it is gooey like betty crocker instant brownie mix.
- Get out your pyrex bowl and pour mixture until maybe a third of it is full
- Put dat large glob of peanut butter in there, gurl.
- Cover with the rest of the mixture
- Put dat pyrex in the oven, gurl. And wait for 16 minutes. Tops are cracked, center is kinda jiggly.
- Take out and let cool for 8 minutes. Also use knife to poke at the side of container to loosen.
- Upside down on plate and serve.