This is another weeknight salmon pasta dish that perfectly encapsulates the rootlessness and exhaustion of late modern existence. Prosaic packeted ingredients come together to form a tasty but somehow altogether joyless– you know what, never mind.
1. Chicken of the Sea sweet and spicy salmon packet
3. Optional: tomato, red pepper; cream cheese
1. Boil pasta in pot. Drain and set aside. Reserve some of the pasta water for sauce.
2. Add diced tomato and red pepper to pot, if you can be bothered. Cook until softish.
3. Open packet of salmon and empty into pot. Reintroduce pasta and stir.
4. Add half a tablespoon of cream cheese and melt into pasta, thinning with a bit of the pasta water if needed.
5. Works well cold, so refrigerate leftovers for lunch next day.